Locomotives in action at Newport 1995
An action packed DVD featuring diesel locomotives in action at Newport (South Wales) in 1995.
Traction includes class 09, 37, 43, 47, 56 & 60 in a wide range of liveries; Regional Railways, Transrail, Intercity, RES, Railfreight, Dutch, Engineers, BR Blue & Freightliner!
A few of the highlights include;
- Rail Express Systems class 47s with parcel vans and travelling post office.
- Class 37s working passenger and empty coaching stock.
- Class 09s on trip workings.
- Class 37, 56 & 60 on coal and steel.
- Many double headed and light engine workings in and out of the stabling point alongside the station.
- Intercity Swallow High Speed Trains.
- BR Blue 09001 light engine & 56004 on steel working.
- Plenty of thrash and clag from almost 100 locomotives!
Running time 1 hour 30 minutes (approx)